Updating Your Site to the Latest Version⌁
APPLIES TO: and
See here which is the current released version before updating.
If you prefer to follow a video, have a look here.
This version of Nightscout will probably not run on anything older than these versions/platforms:
- Android 4
- iOS 9
- Chrome 68
- Edge 17
- Firefox 61
- Safari 10 (macOS 10.12)
- Opera 54
- Internet Explorer: none
Step1: Update your repository in GitHub⌁
If something went wrong continue below.
Use the update script⌁
- Note your GitHub username (hidden below in yellow).
- Scroll down until you see the Nightscout logo.
Update your site
- Enter your GitHub username and click
Check for updates
- If an update is available click
Continue updating at GitHub
- Make sure you see
GitHub user located!else check your username.
- If you know an update is available but you see
Repo is Up to date, try the alternative method: redeploy.
- A pop-up will open, just click OK (you can read the contents if you want, but this is explained below, so just click OK)
- Now comes the tricky part.
Don't try to update cgm-remote-monitor with your own project!
Make sure the left hand side repository is yours (name hidden in yellow)
and the right hand side is
Create pull request.
- A pull request opens. Last chance to check the left hand side repository is yours (name hidden in yellow) and right hand side is
nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor, write a comment in the field (example Update or whatever you like)
- Scroll down and click
Create pull request
- Scroll all the way down (it might be far away) and click
Merge pull request
- A new line will appear in the pull requests log showing merge succeeded
- Your GitHub repository will show you're one commit ahead of the released version
- You have successfully updated your GitHub repository, now let's deploy it in Heroku Step 2 below.
- You have successfully updated your GitHub repository.
You also have completed updating Nightscout as Railway will automatically deploy this new version for you.
If it's not updated, reconnect GitHub.
If something went wrong scroll down and try to redeploy.
Step2: Deploy in Heroku⌁
- Log in Heroku https://id.heroku.com/login
Salesforce recommends two-factor-authentication for more Heroku security, starting Feb 2022.
For an overview of possible methods see here.
- Select your app (hidden in yellow)
- Click on
- Verify Heroku is connected to GitHub, if not, click
Connect to GitHub
- If Heroku is not connected to GitHub, scroll down and click
Connect to GitHub, if a popup window opens and requires authorization, click
- Verify your app
cgm-remote-monitoris connected to GitHub
- If it isn't, In
Connect to GitHub, type
- If you have trouble connecting your app, click
Disconnectand reconnect it as shown above
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the
masterbranch and click
- Build will start and information will scroll in the log window. Do not leave the page, do not interfere and wait for completion. It might take more than 10 minutes. Interrupting the process will lead to a broken site and you'll need to restart deployment.
- Wait until the deploy process completes and click
View(if nothing happens click
Manage Appthen upper right
- Your site will open and should be at the latest version.
- Check your profile time zone is correct. You're done!
- If you ran into trouble, try the Redeploy method